Pages

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Crocheting & knitting

are 2 skills I have committed myself to learning in 2011. I joined a crafting group near my school that teaches knitting, crocheting and sewing for FREE! Yay :) I have books and videos but I am more of a hands-on learner. I am returning to school with the a goal in mind of cutting down on idle time. Idleness is a huge cultivator of negativity. There is a well known English phrase that states: An idle mind is a devil's workshop. I want to invest my time and energy more wisely during my free time. My friends and I do a Bible study once a week but I would like to take it a step further by also visiting one on campus once a week. Many Christian universities have chapel 3-4 times per week so it is nowhere near excessive or too much to do it 2x per week. I think this could add more positivity to my life and strengthen my relationship with God. I am rambling :) The main thing is I am trying to fill up my idle time with industrious, positive & benficial activities. We are told not to give the devil a foothold in our lives.




 She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness. Proverbs 31:27

 Slothfulness casts into a deep sleep; and an idle soul shall suffer hunger. Proverbs 19:15

 And about the eleventh hour he went out, and found others standing idle, and said to them, Why stand you here all the day idle? Matthew 20:6

 And with they learn to be idle, wandering about from house to house; and not only idle, but tattlers also and busybodies, speaking things which they ought not. 1 Timothy 5:13

Great article:
Christian Women- Time Managament Article

No comments:

Post a Comment

I thoroughly enjoy comments. Be respectful. Thanks!